Derechos | Equipo Nizkor
Russian troops to take part in Beijing's Victory Parade on September 3 -- defense ministry
Russian servicemen will take part in the Victory Parade on Beijing's Tiananmen Square on September 3, Russian Defense Ministry's press service said on Friday.
"Participation of a Chinese unit in the Victory parade on May 9, 2015 was a sign of gratitude to the victors' valour and heroism," the ministry said in its statement. "A Russian ceremonial squad is due to participate in the Victory Parade on Tiananmen Square on September 3."
On Friday Russian Deputy Defense Minister Anatoly Antonov took part in a gala reception at China's Embassy in Moscow, which was timed to coincide with the 88th anniversary of the Chinese People's Liberation Army's creation.
"In his welcome speech, Anatoly Antonov said that Russian-Chinese relations in defence remain strategic, with the aim to beef up mutual potential capable of counteracting new challenges and threats. With this goal in mind, Russia and China regularly conduct joint exercises," the defence ministry said.
Earlier in July, the Joint Sea 2015 joint naval drills were held showcasing the navy men's perfect military skills, mutual understanding and readiness to solve tasks together.
[Source: Itar Tass, Moscow, 24Jul15]
Caso SS Totenkopf
|This document has been published on 30Jul15 by the Equipo Nizkor and Derechos Human Rights. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.|