Over 28,000 people return to South Ossetia
More than 28,000 people have returned to South Ossetia, ITAR-TASS learnt at the Information Department of the Russian Ministry for Emergencies (RME).
"Since August 12, a total of 28,666 people have returned to South Ossetia, 651 of them over the past 24 hours," a representative of the press service said.
According to the Federal Migration Service, after Georgia’s aggression, over 34,500 people left South Ossetia and many of them were accommodated in Russia’s south. "Stationary points of temporary accommodation in the constituencies of the Southern Federal District concluded their work late last week. At the same time, about 7,000 people are still staying at their relatives in North Ossetia," a RME spokesman said.
According to the ministry’s information, 393 people suffered from military actions of Georgia are still remaining in hospitals of North Ossetia and Moscow. "A total of 337 peoples are staying in North Ossetian hospitals and 56 people - - in Moscow clinics," the spokesman specified.
[Source: Itar Tass, Moscow, 01Sep08]
The Question of South Ossetia
|This document has been published on 03Sep08 by the Equipo Nizkor and Derechos Human Rights. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.|