Derechos | Equipo Nizkor
Venezuela condemns Trump’s statement on possible use of force - vice president
Caracas condemns US President Donald Trump’s statement on a possible use of military force in Venezuela, Venezuelan Vice President Delcy Rodriguez said on Sunday.
"We don’t accept these statements by the US president," she said at a briefing for Russian journalists. "The hidden motive behind them is the desire to get hold of Venezuela’s rich resources."
She expressed confidence that her country’s government is capable of resolving the political crisis without any outside interference, by peaceful means and in conformity with the constitution. "Sovereignty is not a subject for discussion, sovereignty is what must be defended," she stressed.
In an interview with CBS News earlier on Sunday, Trump said the use of military force in Venezuela is still "an option.".
[Source: Itar Tass, Caracas, 03Feb19]
DDHH en Venezuela
|This document has been published on 05Feb19 by the Equipo Nizkor and Derechos Human Rights. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.|