Derechos | Equipo Nizkor
At least 30 people killed in Libya's Benghazi in heavy fighting
At least 30 people were killed overnight and Tuesday morning in Libya's eastern city of Benghazi during heavy clashes involving war planes and rockets between government special forces and Islamist fighters, medical sources said.
Fierce fighting in Benghazi, Libya's second city, and battles between rival militias in the capital, Tripoli, have pushed Libya deeper into chaos, in two weeks of the worst violence since the 2011 civil war ousted Muammar Gaddafi.
"We have received 30 corpses so far," a medical source told Reuters at Benghazi's main hospital.
[Source: Reuters, Benghazi, 29Jul14]
|This document has been published on 31Jul14 by the Equipo Nizkor and Derechos Human Rights. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.|