Derechos | Equipo Nizkor
Gunmen killed in Ingushetia were involved in security official assassination
Five gunmen were killed in a special operation in Ingushetia on Saturday, the republic's law-enforcement authorities told Itar-Tass.
According to preliminary information, the gunmen were involved in the assassination of Ingushetian Security Council secretary Akhmed Kotiyev and murders of other people in the republic, Ingushetia's head Yunus-Bek Yevkurov said.
The Ingushetian leader noted terrorist crime was almost completely eliminated in the region over the last year.
Since the terrorist attack committed against the Ingushetian Security Council secretary, active work had been continuing to find those involved in the crime, he said.
Law-enforcement services actively worked to find members of the underground organization of gunmen who committed terrorist attacks not only against Akhmed Kotiyev, but other officials of law-enforcement structures and other citizens, Yevkurov noted.
"Bandits are found and killed if they refuse to surrender," he said.
The car in which Kotiyev and his driver were came under fire on the Malgobek-Nazran road near the village of Nizhniye Achaluki in August last year. The driver died at the site and Kotiyev died on the way to hospital.
Five gunmen were killed in a special operation conducted in the village of Sagopshi, the Malgobek district in Ingushetia, on Saturday. A policeman, in whose house the bandits hid, and his wife also died. The militants hiding in the private house refused to surrender and opened fire. Those in the house were killed in the exchange of fire. During the shooting, a fire broke out at the site.
[Source: Itar Tass, Nazran, 24May14]
|This document has been published on 27May14 by the Equipo Nizkor and Derechos Human Rights. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, this material is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research and educational purposes.|